A variety of financial aid opportunities are available to assist adult students in their educational expenses. Many of these opportunities are made possible thanks to individuals and agencies that support career and technology training.
Federal and State Financial Aid
Students may be eligible for a variety of grants and scholarships including Pell Grants and Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grants. Get more information on federal financial aid.
Meridian Technology Center Foundation Scholarships
Meridian Technology Center Foundation scholarships are available through the generous support of our donors. Applications will be considered for all scholarships for which the criteria are met. Amounts vary for each scholarship. Click here for a complete list of Foundation Scholarships.
The Second Year Senior Tuition Waiver provides financial assistance for in-district students who begin a program of study during their senior year of high school and need to complete the second year of the program as an adult student.
Secondary students attending Meridian Technology Center may receive a tuition waiver upon completion of their high school graduation requirements if they:
- Attended Meridian while they were enrolled in a Meridian Technology Center district high school
- Completed less than four semesters but more than one during the time he/she first enrolled at Meridian
- Are in good standing with the institution
The Next Step Tuition-Waiver Scholarship provides assistance for recent graduates from one of Meridian’s district high schools. Applicants must:
- Apply within two years of high school graduation
- Provide a $100 deposit, written statement of career plans/goals, two letters of reference, final high school transcript and proof of residence
- Meet all Meridian Technology Center enrollment requirements
Recipients are required to pay for books, clothing and any other materials required by the program. They must maintain a B (80%) grade average or higher and 90% or higher attendance to continue receiving the scholarship. The scholarship does not apply to adult-only career majors.
The Otha Grimes and Francis Tuttle Memorial Scholarships honor two pioneers of the Oklahoma CareerTech system. The Oklahoma Foundation for Career and Technology Education created scholarship opportunities for students at technology centers to commemorate their contributions. To be eligible for the Otha Grimes or Francis Tuttle Memorial Scholarships students must:
- Be an adult enrolled in a career major at Meridian Technology Center
- Make satisfactory progress toward completing their career training
- Exhibit an evident need for scholarship assistance
The Otha Grimes and Francis Tuttle Memorial Scholarship applications are available in the Meridian Technology Center Financial Aid office.