In order to be successful in a career, students will need to meet all technical and academic standards related to their career of choice at Meridian. Meridian offers rigorous programs of study designed in cooperation with business and industry to ensure students are fully prepared for the demands of the workplace.
Meridian’s Career Ready Credential
When a student completes all standards as set forth in their program of study, they will be considered a graduate of Meridian and receive the Career Ready Credential. Students who do not meet these standards will not be considered graduates of Meridian. Students should have:
- Completed all courses in a career major with a grade of “C” or above and achieved required industry-based certifications for the career major
- Achieved WorkKeys® scores at or above the level required for the career major or earned an ACT® composite score of 19 or greater (Students may substitute equivalent scores on SAT, ACCUPLACER or other approved assessments.)
Students earning a Career Ready Credential may also earn the Postsecondary Ready Endorsement, Citizenship Ready Endorsement and the National Career Readiness Certificate (CRC).
Postsecondary Ready Endorsement
- Earned, or was on track to earn, a high school diploma or GED at the time of Meridian graduation
- Achieved a subscore of 19 or greater on the ACT® in math, English, reading and science (Students may substitute equivalent scores on SAT, ACCUPLACER or other approved assessments.)
Citizenship Ready Endorsement
- Completed employment profile, résumé, job application, cover letter, mock interview and job search training through OKJobMatch.com
- Documented active membership in a CareerTech Student Organization or professional association related to the program of study
- Documented 20 hours of volunteerism or service in a community activity
In a typical school year nearly 100 students document more than 2,000 community service hours. Students who participate in this initiative usually volunteer an average of 24 hours.
Some of the agencies that have benefited from student engagement include the American Red Cross, Guthrie Kiwanis, Stillwater Area United Way, Meals on Wheels, Stillwater Humane Society, Habitat for Humanity and Pepper’s Ranch.
National Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
- Completed WorkKeys® assessments in Applied Mathematics, Locating Information and Reading for Information and received a silver, gold or platinum National Career Readiness Certificate through the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.