A variety of scholarships and tuition waivers are available to adult students to assist in their educational expenses. These opportunities are made possible thanks to the individuals and agencies that support Meridian Technology Center and career and technology training.
Meridian Technology Center Foundation Scholarships
Meridian Technology Center Foundation scholarships are made available through the generous support of our donors. Applications will be considered for all scholarships for which the criteria are met. Amounts vary for each scholarship. See a complete list of Foundation Scholarships.
The Second Year Senior Tuition Waiver provides financial assistance for in-district students who begin a program of study during their senior year of high school and need to complete the second year of the program as an adult student. Adult students attending Meridian Technology Center may receive a tuition waiver upon completion of their high school graduation requirements if they:
- Attended Meridian while they were enrolled in a Meridian Technology Center district high school
- Completed less than four semesters but more than one during the time he/she first enrolled at Meridian
- Are in good standing with the institution
The Next Step Tuition-Waiver Scholarship provides assistance for recent graduates from one of Meridian’s district high schools. Applicants must:
- Apply within two years of high school graduation
- Provide a $100 deposit, written statement of career plans/goals, two letters of reference, final high school transcript and proof of residence
- Meet all Meridian Technology Center enrollment requirements
Recipients are required to pay for books, clothing and any other materials required by the program. They must maintain a B (80%) grade average or higher and 90% or higher attendance to continue receiving the scholarship. The scholarship does not apply to adult-only career majors.
The Otha Grimes and Francis Tuttle Memorial Scholarships honor two pioneers of the Oklahoma CareerTech system. The Oklahoma Foundation for Career and Technology Education created scholarship opportunities for students at technology centers to commemorate their contributions. To be eligible for the Otha Grimes or Francis Tuttle Memorial Scholarships students must:
- Be an adult enrolled in a career major at Meridian Technology Center
- Make satisfactory progress toward completing their career training
- Exhibit an evident need for scholarship assistance
The Otha Grimes/Francis Tuttle Memorial Scholarship applications are accepted online in August and January of each year. Students will create an account through ctYOU.org and complete the fillable worksheet for review before submitting the application questionnaire. Please find the detailed application instructions here.