Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in education from an accredited institution required.
Standard Oklahoma Teacher Certification required. Advanced Math Certification is preferred.
Must have at least three years of teaching experience.
Experience with teaching adults is preferred.
Tuesday & Thursday evenings, 5:00-8:30 PM (7 hours per week)
Additional time may be needed for training or meetings.
Essential Job Functions
Adult Education and Family Literacy Instructors assist students in the areas of math, science, writing, reading, and social studies (required subjects on the GED/HiSET exam) though the primary focus of this position is mathematics. Administer pre-post assessments and practice tests. Instructors provide assistance to students when utilizing curriculum software programs, and collaborate with students to identify individual goals.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional lessons/activities that facilitate learning experiences.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning lessons/activities.
- Prepare a rich learning environment where students feel welcome and comfortable.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for life skills, career skills, and post-secondary opportunities.
- Measure progress through pre-test, post-test, observation, grading, and tests.
- Manage student behavior by establishing clear rules.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student files.
- Collaborate effectively with students, fellow teachers, and other staff.
- Keep updated with new developments in subject areas, resources, and teaching methods by attending professional development workshops/conferences.
- Maintain records and prepare and submit on time all reports required by the Superintendent/CEO, Executive Director of Workforce & Economic Development, the Director of Adult Training and Development, and the Adult Education and Family Literacy Coordinator/Instructor.
- Maintain accurate inventory records and closely monitor the use of inventory items in the program to prevent loss, damage, or theft.
- Utilize work time efficiently on campus during designated work hours. Be available in the program to assist students prior to, during, and after scheduled class time.
- Complete other tasks or projects as requested by the Adult Education and Family Literacy Coordinator/Instructor, the Director of Adult Training and Development, the Executive Director of Workforce & Economic Development, or the Superintendent/CEO.
Standards of Performance
The Part-Time Adult Education and Family Literacy Instructor will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities to determine satisfactory compliance.
South Campus located in Guthrie, OK
Commensurate with experience.
September 2023 – December 19, 2023