Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so, we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of “Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.”
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life. You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Responsible for enforcing all laws, rules and policies authorized by the Safety and Security Department.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES PERFORMED:
1. Enforces all authorized laws, rules and regulations.
2. Patrols assigned areas and remains alert for disturbances, fires, safety hazards, traffic violators, suspicious acts and/or persons, and other unusual conditions.
3. Aids and assists visitors, students and staff.
4. Performs building security and safety checks.
5. Receives complaints and makes appropriate preliminary investigations.
6. Provides escort service as directed.
7. Investigates vehicular accidents at center.
8. Issues visitor passes and temporary vehicle permits.
9. Participates in the disciplinary process as established at the center, including zero tolerance for violence and drugs.
Minimum: High school graduate or equivalent. Model company Core Values
Preferred: Minimum plus three to six months experience in a security or work-related capacity preferred
Knowledge of crowd control techniques preferred.
Knowledge of law enforcement procedures preferred.
Ability to obtain a State driver’s license.
Ability to obtain a bus driver’s license.
Must maintain CPR/FA Certification.
Familiarity with problems of underprivileged, minority groups, especially youth.
Good writing skills.
Excellent communication skills
Full Time & On Call Shifts Available
Available upon request
Please apply at www.careersystems.com, click on “Employment”, then click on “CSD Job Openings”, and then sort by location.