Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree or appropriate certificate of training preferred.
Proven relevant work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role is preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Excellent professional etiquette and hospitality skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
High level of confidentiality required.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet and welcome individuals who come to the Career Planning Center office (students, guests, prospective students, parents, etc.). Direct visitors to the appropriate person and/or office.
- Responsible for answering calls and directing as needed, receiving, and delivering all incoming and outgoing mail and packages, scheduling meetings, and coordinating Career Planning Center office activities as requested.
- Provide administrative support to the Career Counselors.
- Provide administrative support to the Career Development Specialist (ACT Workshop, Mock Interviews, Summer Camp, Etc.)
- Assist with all mailings and preparation for campus events related to recruitment and enrollment and send out brochures and program information as requested.
- Communicate with high schools daily for student activities and gather and report daily attendance to our sending schools.
- Prepare and send quarterly attendance letters.
- Order and maintain Office Beverage Supplies. (Drinks, plates, utensils, etc.)
- Ensure the reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (pens, forms, brochures, etc.)
- Gather information, communicate with district high schools and junior high schools and prepare medical books for excursions on and off campus.
- Process weekly eligibility list and send it to district high schools and program instructors.
- Help coordinate the process for new student enrollment and research and process enrollment verification information and letters as requested.
- Enter and enroll information for full time adult students and short course students into the student information system and keep and maintain updated forms on paper and computer student files.
- Prepare student packets and assist with all CPC events (Signing Day, Discovery Day, Sophomore Tours, Orientation, etc.).
- Input of Student Enrollment Status forms. (Completion, drop, add class, transfer.)
- Input registration for Career Tech Student Organization members.
- Gather and input all information for coordinating the Christmas Assistance Program.
- Gather and input data for the National Technical Honor Society. Register students and prepare invitations, certificates, and item packets for the induction ceremony.
- Send parent portal information to parents/guardians.
- Cover switchboard for lunches/breaks as needed.
- Reserve rooms and prepare event sheets as needed.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the MTC Board of Education and promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs and employees at every available opportunity.
- Utilize work time efficiently between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and report any exceptions to the Executive Director, Career Planning/Career Development.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch.
- Complete other duties, tasks or projects as requested by the Executive Director, Career Planning/Career Development or Superintendent/CEO.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Must be able to occasionally lift items weighing as much as 25 pounds.
Standards of Performance
The Receptionist, Career Planning Center will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities based on Meridian Technology Center’s Performance Review Guidelines. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.
Main Campus, Stillwater, OK
Commensurate with experience