Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, manual labor of more than ordinary difficulty, which often involves the use of acquired skills. The Operator uses manual and power equipment to perform a variety of water and sewer line maintenance and repair, grounds keeping, parks, and right-of-way maintenance functions. Training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Positions enjoy excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, and retirement as well as paid holidays, vacations, and sick leave
• Provides courteous, efficient, and friendly service to all citizens
• Performs repairs and maintenance on water storage, production, and distribution systems; sanitary sewer collection and treatment systems; and storm water drainage systems
• Installs and troubleshoots equipment and machinery; performs routine preventive maintenance of same
• Operates a variety of equipment including, but not limited to, riding and walk-behind mowers, line trimmers, curb edgers, hedge trimmers, power tools, chainsaws, blowers, walk-behind vacuum, pressure washer, etc.
• Operates heavy machinery including a backhoe, dump truck, industrial chipper, tractor, sewer jetter, etc.
• Assists with the repairs, cleaning and maintenance of city buildings and grounds, including snow removal, trash removal, weed eating, mowing, weeding, etc.
• Receives an Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality Class D certifications
• Is able to work independently to complete tasks as assigned
• Prepares required reports and completes record-keeping procedures as necessary
• Performs physically demanding work including lifting up to 50 lbs., climbing and working off ladders, working in confined spaces, digging, loading/unloading, and working outdoors in all types of weather
• Performs other duties as assigned
M-F 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; on-call rotating shift;
Determined by experience
Applications are available at
Perkins City Hall
110 North Main
Perkins, OK 74059
Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday
download applications at www.cityofperkins.net
Resumes must be accompanied by a completed City of Perkins job application.
Contact Rashel Carnefix at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405) 547-2445.
The City of Perkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer