This employee’s primary function will be to work on forklifts and material handling equipment. Install, inspect, maintain, modify, and repair company machinery, mechanical systems, andor facilities. He or she may operate hand trucks, bridge cranes, hoists, forklifts, and other material moving equipment. This employee will also perform other duties as assigned.
- Safely operate various equipment, powered and manual, to maintain the company facilities.
- Be of reliable character with a good driving record and ability to acquire a valid Oklahoma CDL license.
- Be able to work on forklifts and heavy equipment.
- Possess good skills in multiple construction trades. (Carpentry, Welding, Concrete forming and finishing, Plumbing, Mechanical, etc.)
- Be able to troubleshoot and identify problems on equipment, and good recordkeeping abilities.
- Help maintain company equipment of all types.
- Be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Meet or exceed quality and safety expectations.
- Outside environment, (outdoors, with variable temperature and humidity, noise, and dirt)
- Manufacturing plant conditions (indoors, with variable temperature and humidity, noise, and dirt).
- Use of personal protective equipment including safety glasses, steel toe shoes, and hearing protection.
- Physical hazards such as powered vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, pressurized gases and liquids, sharp objects, falling objects, moving machinery, electrical arc-welding equipment, and materials handling.
- Working with hazardous materials, including fuels, solvents, oils, grease, paints, cleaners, and pressurized gases and fluids.
- Workdays of up to 10 hours or more and occasional work on Saturdays.
- Multiple, extremely variable, and rapidly changing objectives and priorities.
- A high level of teamwork and cooperation with supervisors and co-workers.