Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Work experience either teaching or administering in an Oklahoma Technology Center also preferred.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to fairly resolve disputes and complaints.
Ability to keep confidential information secure and private.
Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Facilitate short-term programs as assigned by the Campus Director.
- Serve as the evening “administrator on campus.” The Evening Supervisor is responsible for all activities on campus during evening operations.
- Handle all responsibilities for evacuation, medical care, etc. in the event of emergency during evening operations.
- Approve leave in case of emergency or illness for evening personnel and assure appropriate coverage of the vacant position. The Evening Supervisor will notify the appropriate supervisor of the illness.
- Complete and submit an Evening Supervisor’s Report and key inventory to the Campus Director.
- Handle any complaints or difficult people at the reception desk, on the telephone, or on campus.
- Assist the Evening Administrative Professional when activity is busy, such as during check-in before classes start.
- Resolve any complaint or conflicts at the reception desk, on the telephone or on campus. Include incident details and resolution in the Evening Supervisor’s Report.
- Assist the Evening Administrative Professional when activity is busy at the reception desk, ex. during check-in before evening classes begin.
- Know all enrollment procedures in adult training and development programs.
- Check classrooms each evening before instructors and students arrive to assure the rooms are ready for use.
- Greet instructors and students prior to class.
- Welcome classes on the first meeting night.
- Assure that appropriate evaluations are conducted for evening adult training and development classes.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the MTC Board of Education.
- Assure the campus is secure before leaving.
- Promote MTC, its programs, and employees at every available opportunity.
- Uphold MTC’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Standards of Performance
The Part-Time Evening Supervisor will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities to determine satisfactory compliance. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.
12-month position: Tuesday & Thursday evenings, 4:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
This position will begin on January 11, 2022, at the South Campus located in Guthrie, OK.