Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree or appropriate certificate of training preferred.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
Excellent verbal communication skills required.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Ability to keep confidential information secure and private.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as evening receptionist.
- Serve as evening bursar – receipting all money and preparing evening deposit.
- Enroll students utilizing the student accounting system. Prepare and send confirmation letters for short-term courses.
- Prepare roll sheets and teacher packets in preparation for classes.
- Monitor student attendance and prepare letters to students if attendance threatens to fall below acceptable level in those courses requiring minimum attendance for course completion.
- Prepare an evaluation schedule for open enrollment classes, inform evening supervisor of classes that need to be evaluated, and tally student evaluations.
- Prepare course completion certificates and enter completion codes in the student accounting system.
- Keep up-to-date files on all teaching materials.
- Check materials and keys in and out to evening instructors.
- Assist evening instructors with curriculum and course material needs.
- Prepare requisitions, instructor contracts, time sheets, and monthly payroll memo.
- Maintain class files and instructor files for short-term courses.
- Be able to lift and carry materials as required for programs (15 pounds).
- Have excellent communication skills on the telephone and with walk-in clients.
- Be able to work cooperatively with other Meridian Technology Center staff as needed to professionally meet position expectations.
- Prepare and send confirmation letters for Adult Training and Development courses.
- Facilitate enrollment and access to online learning courses.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the MTC Board of Education.
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs and employees at every available opportunity.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Standards of Performance
The Part-Time Evening Administrative Professional will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities to determine satisfactory compliance. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.
12-month position: Tuesday and Thursday evenings, 2:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
This position will begin on January 11, 2022, at the South Campus located in Guthrie, OK.