Performs unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled work in maintaining the vehicles and mechanical equipment of the department.
Works under the close supervision of the City Mechanic Supervisor
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Performs preventive maintenance for all vehicles and mechanical equipment as assigned.
– Operates a variety of diagnostic instruments and a variety of hand, electric, and air-driven tools.
– Tests, services and repairs vehicles and mechanical equipment.
– Inspects, adjusts and replaces necessary units and related parts in the performance of repair and maintenance work.
– Repair of brake, engine, electrical, fuel, hydraulic, transmission, ignition, air, exhaust, axle assemblies and related systems.
– Cuts and welds metal and related work.
– Changes and repairs tires and tubes. Balances tires.
– Evaluation of mechanical equipment and vehicles.
– Washes vehicles and equipment.
– Maintains records, prepares reports and other specialized maintenance records of equipment and mechanical equipment.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
a) Graduation from High School diploma or GED equivalent plus some specialized training in mechanics. ASE and EVT certifications preferred.
b) Three (3) years of related experience, or
c) Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
40 hours a week
$31,200.00 per year with generous benefit package
Applications are available in the City Treasurer’s office or Utility office at City Hall and online at www.cityofcushing.com.
100 JUDY ADAMS BLVD
PO BOX 311
For more information about this position, or the City of Cushing, please contact:
Tracie Rose, Human Resources Director, email@example.com, 918-225-1659