Exhibiting stewardship for the cooperative, the Marketing and Communications Specialist develops marketing and communications that support the mission for the cooperative and its strategic business units. The Marketing and Communication Specialist will maintain the image of the organization through technical and journalistic writing, while providing editorial control for various media. The Marketing and Communication Specialist will develop cutting-edge marketing campaigns that engage strategic business unit clientele.
Standards of Excellence
The standards of excellence represent the code of conduct required of every employee to ensure a culture of excellence is maintained throughout the cooperative.
• Supports the organization by having sufficient knowledge of programs and services offered, and professionally representing the organization in a positive manner. Contributing to high organizational and team performance through a commitment to excellence.
• Accepts challenges and supports change within the organization. Demonstrates commitment, and overcomes resistance through resourcefulness and creative problem solving.
• Allocates time and attention based on what is most important to achieve key goals and objectives.
• Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities to keep multiple duties on track.
• Demonstrates effective skills in obtaining and researching facts and information. Interprets and analyzes information, including instructions and guidelines to make appropriate decisions.
• Selects and uses appropriate communication methods and demonstrates follow through with commitments.
• Observes safety and security procedures and actively demonstrates safe work practices at all times.
• Exhibits integrity and demonstrates ethical behavior in everyday business conduct.
The duties and responsibilities described below are the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be all inclusive for this position.
• Responsible for building rapport with and acting as a liaison to the local news media. Distribute content to the news media on behalf of the organization and represent the organization at community activities.
• Responsible for writing and editing content for all newsletters.
• Responsible for keeping website content up to date, and participating in content management for the organization’s websites.
• Work with advertising representatives, and distribute advertising campaigns to the local news media.
• Coordinate an editorial calendar that provides consistency and direction for all external communications.
• Responsible for reporting individual work activity and assisting with the preparation of departmental reporting.
2 of 3
• Reports to the Director of Communications
• Decisions and duties are monitored and reviewed that have a distinct impact on the organization. Work requires a high degree of responsibility for information, technology and/or equipment.
• Position has no formal supervisory responsibility for the work of others.
A successful candidate must believe in the core values of the cooperative and be driven by the mission. The qualifications below represent the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific requirements and competencies include:
• Solid Educational Background – Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field required; At least 5 years of relative work experience which may include interacting with the public, coordinating social media and developing and implementing advertising and public relations plans is preferred.
• Technical and journalistic writing skills are required
• Experience with the design and production of print materials and publications is required.
• Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
• Computer literacy in Adobe Creative suite is required and proficiency with MAC operating system is preferred.
• Photography, videography, and video editing skills are preferred.
• Must have and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license
• Communication – Expresses ideas and thoughts both verbal and written, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others adequately informed and selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Design – Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into images, applies designDesign – Generates creative solutions, translates concepts and information into images, applies design principles, uses feedback to modify designs and demonstrates attention to detail.
• Excellent Problem Solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, resolves problems in early stages and works well in group problem solving situations
• Initiative – Volunteers readily, undertakes self-development activities, seeks increased responsibilities, takes independent actions and calculated risks, looks for and takes advantage of opportunities and asks for help when needed.
• Self-Management – Regulates impact of own emotions upon others, remains focused and energized under stress, accepts criticism and recovers quickly from setbacks, projects realistic self confidence in abilities.
• Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills, adapts to new technologies, troubleshoots technological problems, uses technology to increase productivity and keeps technical skills up to date.
Indoor office work environment; nonhazardous workWork Hazards
Infrequent exposure to extremes in noises, temperatures, distractions, etc. Little or no exposure to hazards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting 50 lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as computer printouts, map books, ledgers, small tools, computer monitors, etc. Walking and standing will be required. Reaching. Handling. Fingering. Feeling. Talking. Hearing.