PROGRAM SUMMARY: The Manufacturing Trainee Program is a partnership between Meridian Technology Center and Ditch Witch to offer an opportunity to learn the foundations of manufacturing while getting paid. Individuals can gain the necessary skills to have a career at Ditch Witch in one of the five core jobs: Material Handling, Machine Operating, Production Welding, Production Assembly, or Paint.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS:
• Applicants will be enrolled at Meridian Technology Center and employed through Elite Staffing for the duration of the program
• A work schedule that equals 40 hours a week
• Upon successful completion of this program, there are full time job opportunities working for Ditch Witch for both day and night shifts.
CLASSES: Program classes will be comprehensive and will enable the applicant to move into one of our five core jobs. Classes will include:
• OSHA 10 certification
• Forklift certification
• CPR/First Aid certification
• SAP computer software training
• Basic blueprint reading
• Basic equipment and tool identification
• Specific skill training – basic welding, CNC, assembly, paint, or material handling
• Manufacturing plant conditions (indoor facility with variable temperature and humidity, noise, and dirt)
• Physical hazards such as powered vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, sharp objects, moving machinery, and materials handling
• Working with hazardous materials, including solvents, oils, grease, and pressurized gases
• Have appropriate reading, clerical, and basic math skills
• Have a good work record, including indications of strong self-motivation, reliable attendance, attention to quality, ability to learn new skills, & cordial, cooperative personality
• Must be 18 years of age
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
• Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Optimizes Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Communicates Effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Collaborates – Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
• Demonstrates Self-Awareness – Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
• Action Oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
Apply at https://career4.successfactors.com/career?career%5fns=job%5flisting&company=2642654P&navBarLevel=JOB%5fSEARCH&rcm%5fsite%5flocale=en%5fUS&site=VjItem9hQmwvQ09pNzEyNVFiUWJicGZndz09&career_job_req_id=25710&selected_lang=en_US&jobAlertController_jobAlertId=&jobAlertController_jobAlertName=&_s.crb=DJz9ElwpErLZI3lrJui3iETyGEY%3d