Our client is seeking an IT Network Administrator for its new property, Fancy Dance Casino, set to open in late spring 2020. The brand new facility located in Perry, Oklahoma will feature nearly 300 state-of-the-art Class II and Class III games from the leading manufacturers in the industry.
The Network Administrator will provide oversight of computing systems used throughout the property, and assist with providing smooth operations of all system resources. The incumbent will also be responsible for designing, coordinating, and installing multi-user applications on a network operating system while maintaining data integrity, system quality, and security standards.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated success managing IT related projects, as well as knowledge of configuration management systems. Candidate should possess 5-7 years of IT experience with 3-5 years’ experience with Casino Management Systems.
Interested candidates should include a cover letter and a resume with their application.
If you are looking for a new opportunity with an organization that has an amazing culture, then this could be the opportunity for you! Full job duties and requirements are listed below.
• Design, coordinate and install multi-user applications, including PBX and telecommunications systems, on a network operating system, maintaining data integrity and system quality.
• Maintain casino management system, customer loyalty system, as well as other technology related to casino operations.
• Analyze and recommend tools and service aids for system/network operation and problem determination.
• Report results from technical research, system performance reports and problem resolutions to management.
• Collect and analyze system data for quality assurance of technical design and optimum system performance.
• Administer systems and tools to analyze and secure computer system programs and database files to comply with audit and regulatory requirements.
• Assist in the research, evaluation and support of new technologies (hardware and software) for ongoing productivity and resource improvements.
• Assist in planning by communicating with project/product teams, users and vendors.
• Maintain the overall operating activities, data communications, data disaster recovery and access to information systems at the property.
• Ensure full system backup and recovery.
• Enforce operational controls and access to property level computer facilities to meet the department’s auditability.
• Enforce standards of security, system integrity and confidentiality within the department.
• Routinely inspect all supported equipment on property, identifying potential problems and coordinating necessary repairs.
• Coordinate the troubleshooting and repair of all supported equipment on property.
• Work with management to resolve complex business, computer system and data communication problems.
• Plan and coordinate all hardware installations, changes and updates with vendors and users, adhering to the IT Change Control Process.
• Schedule and conduct interdepartmental meetings to communicate any process changes and information pertinent to IT and the operations team functions and expected performance as needed.
• Present complex topics to non-technical management as required.
• Ensure a superior level of user service and satisfaction is achieved and maintained throughout the property.
• Maintain a thorough working knowledge of all applications on the network operating system.
• Administer and control updates/changes to production programs, files and databases.
• Recommend application design changes to management to maximize resources.
• Plan, schedule and load new versions of the Host Platform operating system and related vendor patches or temporary fixes as defined in the Product Support Agreement.
• Provide specialized technical problem solving and problem resolution.
• Recommend changes for improved system implementations/modifications.
• Practice, and adhere to system management criteria and policies and procedures.
• Ensure established enterprise standards are followed and enforced during system implementations.
• Ensure that the infrastructure resources meet committed user expectations, including projects for future usage and growth.
• Provide consistent support for existing infrastructure and programs.
• Update and adjust service, product, and support as needed.
• Analyze infrastructure for evidence of unsatisfactory or unusual operating conditions.
• Build knowledge of products and direction through vendor interaction.
• Appropriately leverage vendor resources to efficiently resolve issues.
• Support end user inquires related to application incidents and new requests utilizing a ticketing system to create, modify, track, and update tickets.
• Prioritize, schedule, and implement defect fixes and enhancements.
• Communicate with key stakeholder’s impact, plan, and timing of defect resolution.
• Document solutions and results, analyze trends, make recommendations to improve process, and implement change to mitigate risk of future defects.
• Communicate with all departments on specific needs and/or problems, and act as a liaison between technicians, vendors and management.Communicate with all departments on specific needs and/or problems, and act as a liaison between technicians, vendors and management.
• Interact with all departments on the property to facilitate communications and ensure successful project implementations.
• Keep open communications with all vendors in regards to all equipment lease and maintenance agreements.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer science-related field
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
• Five (5) – seven (7) years of IT experience
• Three (3) – five (5) years’ experience with Casino Management Systems
• Experience in supporting packaged applications
• Operational familiarity with configuration management systems
• Experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques
• Experience defining and implementing IT related projects impacting multiple stakeholders
• Experience with assessing training needs, creating training plans, and delivering training
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Comprehensive understanding of production operating systems, transaction processing systems, relational database architecture, wide and local area networks, communication protocols, real-time systems, mission-critical gaming systems, IT industry standards, as well as various types of computer terminal equipment
• Ability to work in smoke filled environment, and is able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to manage time independently, and appropriately with work load
• Excellent communication and project execution skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Incident/problem resolution skills
• Good analytical abilities
• Ability to create and maintain technical documentation
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Ability to present ideas in professional and user-friendly language
• Highly motivated, self-directed
• Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly
• Comfortable with changing priorities and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Must be able work in a smoking environment with a moderate noise level
• Must be able to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and occasional holidaysLicenses/Certifications/Other:
• Must be able to pass a background check and receive a license or permit from any Regulatory Agency, if applicable to perform the essential job functions
• Must be able to complete pre-employment drug test with a negative result
40 hours per week. Schedule varies
Negotiable based on experience
Send all cover letters and resumes to Ali Rundle at firstname.lastname@example.org