Under direct supervision of the I.H.S. Housekeeping & Grounds Maintenance Manager, achieves and maintains predetermined standards of cleanliness and sanitation for reception areas, waiting areas, exam rooms, restrooms, offices, break rooms, etc at the Pawnee Indian Health Center facility.
1. Responsible for the daily cleaning and disinfection of assigned areas;
2. Uses approved chemicals, cleaning materials, equipment, etc and follows necessary disinfection techniques;
3. Works with the I.H.S. Housekeeping & Grounds Maintenance Manager and I.H.S. staff to ensure that all facility cleanliness expectations are met;
4. Follows policies and procedures pertaining to Housekeeping and Grounds Maintenance services at the Pawnee Indian Health Center facility;
5. Understands and complies with governmental requirements for the maintenance of safe and sanitary healthcare facilities, including Occupational Health & Safety Administration (OSHA) standards, Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards, infection control guidelines from the Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), and Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) guidelines;
6. Attends training on the proper handling and clean-up of hazardous chemicals, substances, devices, syringes, etc;
7. Responsible for the proper handling and clean-up of hazardous chemicals, substances, devices, syringes, etc;
8. Responsible for cleaning medical equipment and exam rooms, including tables, chairs, counter tops, etc;
9. Responsible for the daily care and treatment of facility floors, including sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming, and routine deep-cleanings of floors, such as stripping, waxing, polishing, shampooing, etc;
10. Responsible for operating heavy floor machines, such as carpet shampooers, vacuum cleaners, hard floor cleaners, etc;
11. Responsible for the care of windows, including dusting of the window sills and cleaning of the windows;
12. Responsible for cleaning restroom facilities, including toilet bowls, sinks, urinals, stall barriers, mirrors, etc;
13. Responsible for removing dirt and grime from facility walls, light switches, hand rails, and other commonly touched areas;
14. Responsible for the proper use and care of all cleaning equipment, including use of the washer and dryer to clean mop heads and dust mops;
15. Maintains a clean, organized storage area for equipment;
16. Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information;
17. Contributes to a team effort and accomplishes related results as required;
18. Performs other duties, as assigned and within the scope of the position
Minimum: High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum: Six (6) months to one (1) year of janitorial or housekeeping experience.
Preferred: Two (2) or more years of custodial experience in a clinical setting;
Familiarity with infection control requirements of the Occupational
Health & Safety Administration (OSHA), Joint Commission on the
Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), the Center for
Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), and the National Institute for
Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
1. Familiar with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Internet Explorer, etc.
1. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions;
2. Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships;
3. Ability to assist others and perform as a member of a team;
4. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds.
1. Must pass a background check;
2. Must meet the Physical Demands of the position;
3. Must be skilled in the use and application of cleaning chemicals;
4. Must be skilled in the use and maintenance of cleaning equipment;
5. Must demonstrate strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize;
6. Ability to adapt to changing priorities, and work well under pressure;
7. Must be able to lift heavy equipment;
8. Must wear uniform and proper footwear;
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality;
10. Must work independently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work is regularly performed in an office setting with a moderate noise level. Occasions may arise requiring work outdoors where exposure to natural weather conditions and various dusts and mists may occur. Prolonged standing and walking may be on uneven surfaces or unstable ground. Situations where safety-toe shoes, safety goggles, gloves, protective face shields, or hardhats are needed may occur. Evening and/or weekend work may be required. Travel may required for training, meetings, conferences, presentations, and other events
Please Contact Shelby Harger, Human Resource Manager