Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree required.
Master’s degree preferred.
Excellent communication skills.
Excellent presentation skills.
Ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
Willingness to accept flexible work hours.
Must possess a high level of confidentiality.
Must be a team player.
Familiarity or experience with economic development concepts.
Training and/or experience in talent development or workforce recruitment.
Essential Job Functions
- Strategic planning for operational effectiveness for the Workforce & Economic Development Division.
- Oversee and mange divisional activities, personnel, and performance of the customized training, adult training and development and business and entrepreneurial services areas.
- Actively engage in activities and initiatives of the Chambers of Commerce, economic development organizations, municipalities and other commerce related entities in the district and region.
- Market the services of Meridian Technology Center to serve a broader base of clients, organizations, economic development organizations and state agencies.
- Provide workforce and training data to requesting entities as part of economic development, business retention and business attraction initiatives.
- As needed, provide organizational development consulting and services to client companies and organizations.
- Join and participate in professional associations as well as become involved in community activities.
- Establish training needs by formal needs assessment and by requests from the member organizations.
- Provide staff development activities for the staff of Meridian Technology Center when asked.
- Submit reports as requested by the Superintendent on time.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s mission, vision and values. Support the culture by living out the values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ides with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs, and employees at every available opportunity.
- Attend all staff meetings called by the Superintendent.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the Meridian Technology Center Board of Education.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Superintendent/CEO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Must be able to lift as much as 20lbs to handle items such as course materials, equipment and other supplies.
Must be able to read, write, type, and communicate effectively in writing and verbally both in-person and on the telephone.
Must be able to travel to attend meetings in-state and possibly, out-of-state.
Standards of Performance
The Executive Director, Workforce & Economic Development will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities and Divisional goals to determine satisfactory compliance. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.