Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Completed Journeyman Level Lineworker Technician certificate program, or five years of equivalent work experience within the industry with a formalized apprenticeship program.
Must hold a valid CDL license.
Essential Job Functions
Teach in multiple settings: classroom, indoor training space, and outdoor training yard. Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time, to bend, reach, move and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs. Ability to use fall arrest and positioning systems within OSHA regulations and manufacturer’s recommendations. Must be in good general health and physical ability, and comfortable working at high elevations or in confined spaces.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to effectively communicate and demonstrate industry skills in the Electric Utility trade.
- Available 12:30 – 3:30 p.m. one or two days per week Monday – Friday.
- Coach, mentor, teach and develop student skills in multiple topic areas, including Safety, Electrical Theory, Truck Operations, Construction Specifications, Pole Climbing, Line Construction, Single Phase to Three Phase Conversion, Underground Distribution, Transformer Installation and Service, Substations, Schematic Diagrams, and tools of the trade.
- Knowledge of industry regulations that apply to electrical linework. Teach how to work safely and demonstrate strong safety practices while performing tasks.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the Meridian Technology Center Board of Education and assist the administration in implementing all policies and/or procedures governing student conduct.
- Promote Meridian Technology Center and its programs and employees at every available opportunity.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out the values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent or Director of Instruction.
Standards of Performance
The Electrical Utility Linework Instructor, Part-time Adjunct will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities to determine satisfactory compliance.
Main Campus, Stillwater, OK
Commensurate with experience