Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree or appropriate certificate of training preferred.
A passion for writing, social media advertising, marketing, and a strong analytical focus.
Demonstrated experience running social media ads that lead to measurable outcomes and adjusting course as needed.
Must have strong computer application skills including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Must have excellent writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills that ensure grammatical accuracy.
High level of confidentiality required.
Candidates may be asked to complete a writing assignment and social media analysis.
Applicants need to provide a link to a portfolio, including writing samples and any social media content/posts/ads, etc. when completing the employment application. These may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
The communications and marketing specialist role is a dual role. The communications and marking specialist must be able to balance both clerical responsibilities of the position and the marketing and communication responsibilities. The communications and marking specialist must carry out a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced office that requires attention to detail, meeting deadlines, independence, flexibility, a positive attitude, and strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
Administrative Support Essential Job Functions:
The administrative support responsibilities of the position are necessary to be an active contributor to the success of the department and Meridian’s marketing efforts.
- Meet deadlines and balance numerous requests. Approach work with a strategic mindset for promoting Meridian and making marketing procedures more efficient/effective and innovative.
- Welcome new employees and maintain inventory. Coordinate aspects of employee onboarding including ordering shirts, business cards, notepads and printing employee IDs. Maintain inventory and order promotional products and print materials for the organization as needed. Work with vendors to obtain quotes for print projects and specialty items.
- Support the marketing team. Order marketing department equipment and supplies. Ensure timely and accurate processing of marketing records including mail, requisitions, invoicing and a comprehensive filing system. Coordinate travel arrangements and registration for marketing staff.
- Coordinate the project management database and correspondence. Serve as marketing team’s project management database coordinator. Use Excel to effectively manage lists and ensure accuracy of files for marketing mailings and projects.
- Provide excellent phone and in-person customer service to Meridian customers, vendors and employees to ensure strong partnerships as the marketing team collaborates with divisions across campus.
- Share Meridian’s message. Coordinate and update approved content on Meridian’s web site and the electronic road sign.
- Stay organized. Prepare documents, reports and correspondence for the Executive Director and staff as needed. Complete special projects, schedule events and coordinate other duties as assigned. Ensure timely follow-through on projects to meet deadlines.
Communications and Marketing Essential Job Functions:
- Create content. Develop strong relationships on campus to identify and tell the Meridian story. Transform ideas into words to extend Meridian’s reach by creating content across multiple channels, including marketing materials. Use AP Style for editing, proofreading and writing with accuracy.
- Use data and coordinate social media ad strategy. Use data to measure and track work to understand if efforts are working and adjust as needed. Create and place social media ads. Test different types of ads. Analyze ad results to measure effectiveness and improve with each ad set. Ad types might include Instagram ads, placing a pixel on the website to build a Facebook audience or targeting YouTube videos.
- Learn new technology. Learn new technology, whether video editing software, embedding a YouTube video on the website, reading about and implementing new Facebook changes or identifying the best plugin for a new website feature. Technology is essential to the role of marketing and communications. This aligns with Meridian’s value of Innovation: Incorporate cutting-edge technology to improve experiences and outcomes.
- Be a team player. Assist with after-hours events occasionally as needed. Cross train on other job functions within the marketing department with a passion for learning new responsibilities.
- Grow professionally. Stay at the forefront of the communications and marketing field by seeking personal growth and development through trainings and workshops. This supports Meridian’s value of Excellence.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the MTC Board of Education. Utilize work time efficiently between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and report any exceptions to the Executive Director. Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs and employees at every available opportunity.
- Live out our values. Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch.
Utilize work time efficiently between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and report any exceptions to the Executive Director. Assist with occasional after-hours events as needed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Must be able to occasionally lift items weighing as much as 40 pounds. This includes stocking and maintaining catalog displays and assisting with events.
Main Campus, Stillwater, OK
Standards of Performance
The Communications and Marketing Specialist will be evaluated on the previously listed job functions to determine satisfactory performance. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.