Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree or appropriate certificate of training preferred.
A passion for writing press releases, copy for marketing materials, social media and marketing
Demonstrated ability to learn new technology with a strong analytical focus.
Must have strong computer application skills including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Must have knowledge of AP Style with excellent writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills that ensure grammatical accuracy.
High level of confidentiality required.
Candidates may be asked to complete a writing assignment and social media analysis.
Applicants need to provide a link to a portfolio, including writing samples and any social media content/posts/ads, etc. when completing the employment application. These may also be emailed to email@example.com.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
The person in this role will carry out a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced office that requires attention to detail, meeting deadlines, independence, flexibility, a positive attitude, and strong organizational and problem-solving skills. This supports Meridian’s value of Impact: Deliver personalized service to create a lasting impression.
- Write copy for press releases, brochures, print pieces, marketing materials and social media. Develop strong relationships on campus to identify and tell the Meridian story. Must be knowledgeable of AP Style for editing, proofreading and writing with accuracy.
- Work with internal campus client partners to provide marketing direction, coordination and guidance to assist with fulfillment of projects, while ensuring deadlines and client requests are met. Approach your work with a strategic mindset for promoting Meridian and making marketing procedures more efficient/effective and innovative.
- Create content for posting on social media and run targeted social media ads. Use analytics to determine the best time to post and best ways to adjust ads to get maximum ROI.
- Create graphics using Canva. Graphics will be used in a variety of applications that could include social media posts and video kiosk content on campus.
- Be willing and able to learn and teach yourself new technology, whether learning to edit video in a new software or reading about the latest changes and applying them to social media ads.
- Assist with after-hours events occasionally as needed. Cross train on other job functions within the marketing department with a passion for learning new responsibilities.
- Stay at the forefront of the communications and marketing field by seeking personal growth and development through trainings and workshops. This supports Meridian’s value of Excellence.
- Maintain inventory and assist with marketing department needs. Coordinate aspects of employee onboarding including ordering shirts, business cards and printing employee IDs. Work with vendors, order equipment, and process invoices and registrations.
- Utilize work time efficiently between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. and report any exceptions to the Executive Director. Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the MTC Board of Education. Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs and employees at every available opportunity.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch.
Standards of Performance
The Communications and Marketing Specialist will be evaluated on the previously listed job functions to determine satisfactory performance. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.
Main Campus, Stillwater, OK