• Sets up and operates special purpose equipment, conventional (CNC lathe and/or mill), and/or numerical control (NC) machines (Fanuc or Mazatrol) and machining centers for fabrication of metallic and nonmetallic parts that hold to the high quality machine standards required within the organization.
• Reads and interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 3+ years of experience as a CNC Machinist.
• Previous experience working with Nickel Alloy (Inconel)
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must have working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD & T).
• Ability to calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
• Must be able to select, align, secure holding fixtures and set offsets for, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on mills and / or lathes.
• Basic computer skills.
• G code editing experience.
• Must be willing and able to work in a team environment.
• This role will be working 3rd Shift: 10:30pm – 6:30am Sunday through Thursday.
• Must be willing to work overtime and weekends as requested.
• This facility is climate controlled throughout the year
• Successful candidate will be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
3rd Shift: 10:30pm – 6:30am Sunday through Thursday