Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Must possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and excellent driving record.
Bachelor’s Degree required and Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience and knowledge in career development field required.
Essential Job Functions
The Career Development Specialist (CDS) will develop and implement age-appropriate career development strategies that will be used to promote career awareness in the area sending schools. This position focuses on students in junior high and high school but can also include elementary and adult students. The CDS implements and coordinates specific individual student development activities and/or assignments and will operate in a school environment to provide skilled/professional consultation, career advising, planning and implementation, resources, programs, and information that will enable students to develop a career plan and education plan of study.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist in the development and implementation of career development strategies for students.
- Work with students to help them identify and discuss their career goal and how they arrived at it.
- Assist students in creating an Individual Career Academic Plan through assessment, guided career exploration and age appropriate activities.
- Assist students in developing skills to use the Oklahoma on-line career development system to take assessments, explore careers, develop their career goal and create an Individual Career Academic Plan.
- Maintain records of all activities and verify populations served.
- Attend relevant career specialist professional development as requested.
- Assist with recruitment presentations, tours and enrollment interviews.
- Plan, develop and implement summer technology camps.
- Serve as a liaison between MTC and business/industry as needed in areas of relationship building and other related needs.
- Provide group and individual instruction in the career readiness area of mock interviews.
- Process job referrals from businesses seeking employees to appropriate program instructors.
- Produce and distribute job placement opportunities to appropriate students and instructors.
- Assist students with college entrance examination preparation, such as ACT workshops, practice tests, and preparatory courses.
- Provide group and individual instruction in job search, interview skills, resume building, job retention and employability skills. Update student records in Student Information System.
- Prepare all required reports and submit in a timely manner.
- Attend all staff meetings involving this position.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the Meridian Technology Center Board of Education.
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs and employees at every available opportunity.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch.
- Lift and/or push items occasionally on a dolly or cart weighing as much as 30 pounds.
- Complete other tasks or projects as requested by the Executive Director, Career Planning/Career Development.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Standards of Performance
The Career Development Specialist will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities based on Meridian Technology Center’s Performance Review Guidelines. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.
Main Campus, Stillwater, OK
Commensurate with experience.