Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree or appropriate certificate of training preferred.
Experience in bookkeeping, business accounts, typing, financial reports.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, advanced skills preferred.
Must be able to use a ten-key proficiently.
Must be detail-oriented and possess the ability to problem-solve.
Must be a self-starter, work independently, able to multi-task and work with interruptions.
Must be able to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
Essential Job Functions
- Collect and receipt money for tuition, livework, student organizations, summer camps, public surplus, and accounts receivables for the school and maintain accurate records of transactions made.
- Prepare and reconcile daily reports of funds collected.
- Maintain and distribute bank bags to various program areas.
- Prepare invoices for accounts receivables and maintain records concerning outstanding balances and payments as well as collection efforts.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of student 1098-T’s.
- Perform activity fund accounting duties and those of the Bursar:
- Verify receipts and make deposits
- Process Activity Fund purchase orders
- Prepare reports for the Executive Director of Finance and the Board of Education, including month and yearend closing.
- Disburse staff payroll and student financial aid checks
- Maintain credit card machines and provide training as needed.
- Maintain enrollment files and tuition reports:
- Verify funds, tuition owed, and tuition reminders
- Enter enrollment-related charges in the student accounting system
- Process refunds
- Enter Board approved transfers into the Activity Fund and the student accounting system
- Abide by Oklahoma State and School Law and all policies and procedures adopted by the Meridian Technology Center Board of Education.
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs and employees at every available opportunity
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by the Executive Director of Finance.
Work Hours: Monday-Thursday, 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM & Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM
MTC Campus: Main Campus, Stillwater
Standards of Performance
The Bursar will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities based on Meridian Technology Center’s Performance Review Guidelines. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.