Bachelor’s degree or higher in education from an accredited institution required.
Standard Oklahoma Teacher Certification required.
Experience with teaching adults preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in planning, preparing, and delivering instructional lessons/activities that facilitate learning experiences.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning lessons/activities.
- Prepare a rich learning environment where students feel welcome and comfortable.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for life skills and post-secondary opportunities.
- Measure progress through pre-test, post-test, observation, grading, and tests.
- Administer the TABE tests to students.
- Manage student behavior by establishing clear rules.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and complete records of student files.
- Collaborate effectively with students, fellow teachers, and other staff.
- Keep updated with new developments in subject areas, resources, and teaching methods by attending professional development workshops/conferences.
- Utilize work time efficiently during designated work hours.
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs and employees at every available opportunity, with specific responsibilities for recruitment and promotion of the program which may include evening and weekend events throughout the year.
- Complete other tasks or projects as requested by the Adult Education Instructor/Coordinator, Director of Instruction, or the Superintendent/CEO.
Must be able to occasionally lift items weighing as much as 25 pounds and/or push items weighing up to 50 pounds on a cart.
Must be able to read, write, and communicate effectively in writing and orally (both in person and on the telephone).
Two nights per week (3 hour classes per night plus .5-hour prep; 7 hours per week)
Standards of Performance
The Adult Education Instructor-Perry will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities to determine satisfactory compliance.
Immediately – June 30, 2018