Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Career Tech Graduate, Bachelor’s degree, or other appropriate certificate of training preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
Excellent professional etiquette and hospitality skills.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
Essential Job Functions
- Greet people who come to the office (students, prospective students, parents, etc.) in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Answer phone calls for Program Administration.
- Prepare purchase order requisitions for Program Administration and instructors.
- Prepare Board Meeting reports for the Building Trades House.
- Schedule Substitute Instructors for all Learning Communities.
- Assist with annual updates to various reports and internal handbooks.
- Order campus-wide copier paper, cardstock, and colored paper supplies for the workroom. Restock workroom with paper supplies and load copier during the week.
- Serve as the first level of support for all of the Trade and Industry instructors and backup support to the other small learning community instructors and directors. Preparing workshop materials including invitations, agendas and meeting minutes, forms, revising syllabi and other instructional content, make updates website.
- Prepare in-state and out-of-state travel documents and other clerical support as needed for the Trade and Industry area and the TCTW team.
- Plan and coordinate correspondence (invitation, agendas, minutes, thank you letters, etc.) for the Business & Education Council Meetings.
- Assist with graduation program, working with instructors and marketing to coordinate program contents, seating chart, medallions, and ribbons.
- Assist with the management of the Evening Cosmetology program, including website updates for the application process, setting up interviews, and ordering supplies.
- Maintain all documentation for all field trips taken (list of students, medical cards, permission forms, calendar invites, etc.).
- Provide clerical support as needed.
- Cover front desk lunches/breaks as needed.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the MTC Board of Education.
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs and employees at every available opportunity.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch
- Complete other duties, tasks or projects as requested by the Directors of Instruction or Superintendent/CEO.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary. Must be able to lift and/or push items occasionally on a dolly or cart weighing as much as 30 pounds.
Main Campus, Stillwater, OK
Standards of Performance
The Administrative Professional, Program Administration will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities twice per year based on Meridian Technology Center’s Performance Review Guidelines. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.