Meridian has been named a Top Workplace in Oklahoma for the past 6 years. The designation is based solely on employee feedback. Meridian employees complete a survey from Energage, a leading research firm on organizational health and employee engagement. Employees evaluate the company's direction, execution of ideas, their personal connectedness to the organization, role satisfaction, supervision and employee benefits. The Top Workplace designation is based on survey outcomes.
Bachelor’s degree or appropriate certificate of training preferred.
Excellent human relations and communication skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
Excellent typing, composition, and proofreading skills required.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required.
Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform receptionist tasks, i.e. answering telephone, greeting students, and guests.
- Prepare and manage correspondence: reports, requisitions, invoices, etc., as required.
- Prepare and submit reports required by the Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education.
- Maintain files for adjunct instructors, classes, and documentation concerning programming.
- Enter and maintain information in Meridian’s designated student accounting system for instructors, classes, and students.
- Facilitate enrollment for short-term medical courses.
- Maintain and place orders for instructional materials and supplies when necessary or requested.
- Coordinate with others on classroom assignments and preparing event sheets.
- Maintain individual files for students involved in classes where specific documentation is required by clinical sites.
- Facilitate questions from current and prospective students for short-term medical courses.
- Provide support to the Health Certification Project Test Site.
- Act as an extension of the Bursar as needed.
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs, and employees at every available opportunity.
- Abide by all policies and procedures adopted by the MTC Board of Education.
- Must be able to occasionally lift as much as 20 lbs. (copier paper and training materials).
- Attend staff meetings as requested by the Superintendent, Executive Director of Workforce and Economic Development or the Director of Adult Training and Development.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Uphold Meridian Technology Center’s Mission, Vision and Values. Support the culture by living out our values of:
- Relationships – Act in the best interest of others
- Excellence – Deliver superior services
- Innovation – Integrate new ideas with courage
- Integrity – Model honesty and trust in all we do
- Empowerment – Provide the framework and resources to succeed
- Impact – Commit to enrich each life we touch
Work Hours: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday –Friday
Standards of Performance
The Administrative Professional, Adult Training and Development, will be evaluated at least twice per year to determine satisfactory performance. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.
January 4, 2021