The Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Executive Director and is primarily responsible for managing the clerical aspects of the administrative office and maintaining the donor and volunteer database. This is a 40 per week position mainly M-F 8 to 5, however there will be some occasions where evening and weekend work is required.
The successful candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and database management. They are highly organized and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven, fast-paced, results-oriented and global in nature. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, have good administrative skills, have the ability to be proactive and resourceful as well as the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities.
• Helps manage day-to-day office operations including: administrative support, data management, supplies and inventory, organizing workspaces and weekly upkeep of workspace.
• Coordination with staff, communicating essential information, organizing and assisting with meetings.
• Manages LMOH reception to ensure timely and tactful telephone, email, in-person and mail communications with internal and external contacts at all levels.
• Develops and maintains well organized administrative files including the constituent relationship management system
• Assists family support specialists with meeting needs of children and families
• Works in conjunction with outside contract bookkeeper to ensure accurate financial records and processes
• Responsible for oversight of IT equipment, software and support
Volunteer and Event Coordination
• Responsible for development and implementation of volunteer plan to support families and children served by LMOH
• Utilize donor database to communicate, recognize and coordinate with volunteers.
• Responsible for developing an annual calendar of events, managing and promoting events to parents, volunteers and other groups
• Collaborate with ED and board to secure event sponsorships with targeted businesses and individuals
• Responsible for development of event materials and branding including, but not limited to sponsorship information, event signage, and advertisements
• Responsible for coordination of safety plan and event logistics events.
• Manage event registrations
Communications and Fundraising
• Work as part of a team to implement an integrated strategic communications plan to advance LMOH’s brand identity; broaden awareness of its programs and priorities; and increase visibility to all key stakeholder audiences.
• Responsible for digital and print communications including, but not limited to the website, social media, newsletters and other materials.
• Work collaboratively with the staff and board to develop stories and message that enhance and advance the mission of LMOH
• Help create advocates and ambassadors to spread the message of LMOH to local, regional and statewide audiences.
• Use the donor database to Support fundraising efforts to increase support for LMOH through identifying, cultivating and stewarding donors
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel
• Database management experience
• Strong written & verbal communication skills
• Training, certification or degree in administrative management field preferred
M-F 8 to 5 with some evenings and weekends required
$14.50 to $17.00
Please contact our office at 405-547-2462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org