Standards of Excellence
The standards of excellence represent the code of conduct required of every employee to ensure a culture of excellence is maintained throughout the cooperative.
• Supports the organization by having sufficient knowledge of programs and services offered, and professionally representing the organization in a positive manner. Contributing to high organizational and team performance through a commitment to excellence.
• Accepts challenges and supports change within the organization. Demonstrates commitment, and overcomes resistance through resourcefulness and creative problem solving.
• Allocates time and attention based on what is most important to achieve key goals and objectives.
• Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities to keep multiple duties on track.
• Demonstrates effective skills in obtaining and researching facts and information. Interprets and analyzes information, including instructions and guidelines to make appropriate decisions.
• Selects and uses appropriate communication methods and demonstrates follow through with commitments.
• Observes safety and security procedures and actively demonstrates safe work practices at all times.
• Perform other related duties as directed.
• Exhibits integrity and demonstrates ethical behavior in everyday business conduct
.• Reports to the Director of Finance
The duties and responsibilities described below are the essential functions of the job and are not intended to be all inclusive for this position.
• Prepares account reconciliations; ensures that assigned reconciliations are completed in a timely manner.
• Prepares general journal entries.
• Prepares invoices for miscellaneous receivables and monitors miscellaneous receivables balances.
• Provide supporting documentation for audits.
Decisions and duties are monitored and reviewed that have a controlled impact on the organization. Work requires a moderate degree of responsibility for cooperative information, technology and equipment.
• Administers bi-weekly payroll process by collecting, calculating, entering data, and preparing reports.
• Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department transfers.
• Accurately prepare and files payroll tax forms, including State & Federal Income taxes and unemployment taxes.
• Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
• Maintain confidentiality in all department activities in order to protect the privacy of employees and management.
• Maintain files, in paper and/or electronically form in accordance with established accounting processes, cooperative policies and methods for document storage and retention.
• Serve as a backup for other department employees when necessary.
A successful candidate must believe in the core values of the cooperative and be driven by the mission. The qualifications below represent the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific requirements and competencies include:
• Solid Educational Background – Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Related work experience may be substituted for education.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
• Knowledge of general bookkeeping and accounting office procedures.
• Attention to detail is essential with the ability to accurately enter and report information.
• Good communication skills and the ability to work in an organized manner is essential.
• Must become familiar with all company policies and procedures.
• Must have and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s licenseWorking Conditions
Indoor office work environment; nonhazardous work
Infrequent exposure to extremes in noises, temperatures, distractions, etc. Little or no exposure to hazards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting 25 lbs. maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as computer printouts, map books, ledgers, small tools, computer monitors, etc. Walking and standing will be required. Reaching. Handling. Fingering. Feeling. Talking. Hearing.
• Business Ethics – Treats people with respect, inspires the trust of others, and works with integrity and ethically.
• Cooperation – Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
• Dependability – Responds to requests for service and assistance, follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, commits to doing the best job possible, keeps commitments and meets attendance punctuality guidelines.
• Job Knowledge– Competent in required job skills and knowledge.
• Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts both verbal and written, exhibits good listening and comprehension, keeps others adequately informed and selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Self-Management – Regulates impact of own emotions upon others, remains focused and energized under stress, accepts criticism and recovers quickly from setbacks, projects realistic self confidence in abilities.
• Use of Technology – Demonstrates required skills, adapts to new technologies, troubleshoots technological problems, uses technology to increase productivity and keeps technical skills up to date