Meridian Technology Center has partnered with InterWorks, Inc. to deliver a 16-hour, hands-on certified class for the beginner Tableau user. For those interested in their Tableau Desktop Qualified Associate certification, this is the first of 2 required courses to take this exam.
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for the beginner Tableau user. It is for anyone who works with data – regardless of technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help you understand and use the important concepts and techniques in Tableau to move from simple to complex visualizations and learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards.
Who will be presenting at this workshop?
You will benefit from the expertise of a Tableau-certified instructor of InterWorks, Inc.
What will I be able to do at the conclusion of the class?
- Connect to your data.
- Edit and save a data source.
- Understand Tableau terminology.
- Use the Tableau interface/paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, data math, and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using the following visualization types:
- Cross tabs
- Geographic maps
- Heat maps
- Tree maps
- Pie charts and bar charts
- Dual axis and combined charts with different mark types
- Highlight Tables
- Scatter Plots
- Build dashboards to share visualizations.
When is this training class?
This hands-on, in-person class held on November 28-29, 2018 from 8am-5pm both days.
Where is the class being held?
The class will be held on our campus:
Meridian Technology Center
1312 S. Sangre Rd
Stillwater, OK 74074
What will I need?
Training will occur in one of our computer labs with a trial copy of the Tableau software pre-loaded for you. If you desire, you may bring your own device with the software pre-loaded prior to attending class.
What is the cost?
Most training locations offer this same class for $1400/person. We are able to offer the same certified training at a reduced rate of $1000/person.
Pre-Enrollment is required and space is limited. Payment is due in full by Friday, October 26.