High School Students
Already decided that attending Tech is what you want to do? Here’s how to get started!
- Complete an application
- Get your parents’ signature if you’re under 18
- Turn your application in to your high school counselor
Space is limited in our programs, so get your application in early! Turn everything in by February 1 for priority consideration.
Meridian will contact your counselor to get your transcript, attendance records and assessment results to assist in the admissions process.
What if you don’t attend a public high school?
As long as you live in the Meridian district and meet the requirements, you can attend Tech too!
The admissions process for home-school and virtual school students is similar to students in Meridian’s district high schools, but we’ll need a little extra information about you and your academic history. When you submit your application to Meridian please include documentation regarding:
- Age verification – you must be 16 years old before August 1 to attend Meridian as a high school student. If you’re enrolling in the STEM Academy, you will need to be 15.
- Transcript – you must provide a valid official transcript or a written high school curriculum outline.
- Copy of immunization records
- Assessment results – scores from a professionally administered standardized achievement test. Applicants to the Pre-Engineering or Biomedical Sciences STEM Academy must take the Pre-ACT or ACT at Meridian Technology Center before completing the application process.
- Affidavit – notarized statement that you are home-schooled. Several people at Meridian are notaries and they will be glad to help you with this.
Examples of acceptable standardized tests include:
- California Achievement Test, Fifth Edition (CAT/5)
- Comprehensive Test of Basic Skills (CTBS)
- Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS)
- Key Train
- Metropolitan Achievement Tests (MAT 7)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Stanford Achievement Test (SAT)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT)
Please contact Anne Belanus, Career Development Specialist at 405.377.3333, ext. 395 to schedule an appointment for testing.