High School Students
Already decided that attending Tech is what you want to do? Here’s how to get started!
- Complete an application
- Get your parents’ signature if you’re under 18
- Turn your application in to your high school counselor
Space is limited in our programs, so get your application in early! Turn everything in by February 1 for priority consideration. Applications will be accepted as long as space is available. For the spring semester, applications will be accepted through the start date.
Meridian will contact your counselor to get your transcript, attendance records and assessment results to assist in the admissions process.
What if you don’t attend a public high school?
As long as you live in the Meridian district and meet the requirements, you can attend Tech too!
The admissions process for home-school and virtual school students is similar to students in Meridian’s district high schools, but we’ll need a little extra information about you and your academic history. When you submit your application to Meridian please include documentation regarding:
- Age verification – you must be 16 years old before August 1 to attend Meridian as a high school student. If you’re enrolling in the STEM Academy, you will need to be 15.
- Transcript – you must provide a valid official transcript or a written high school curriculum outline.
- Copy of immunization records
- Assessment results – scores from a professionally administered standardized achievement test. Applicants to the Pre-Engineering or Biomedical Sciences STEM Academy must take the Pre-ACT or ACT at Meridian Technology Center before completing the application process.
- Affidavit – notarized statement that you are home-schooled. Several people at Meridian are notaries and they will be glad to help you with this.
Examples of acceptable standardized tests include:
- California Achievement Test, Fifth Edition (CAT/5)
- Comprehensive Test of Basic Skills (CTBS)
- Iowa Test of Basic Skills (ITBS)
- Key Train
- Metropolitan Achievement Tests (MAT 7)
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- Stanford Achievement Test (SAT)
- Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
- Wechsler Individual Achievement Test (WIAT)
Please contact Anne Belanus, Career Development Specialist at 405.377.3333, ext. 395 to schedule an appointment for testing.