Financial Aid Eligibility
Students attending Meridian may be eligible to receive federal financial aid from the Department of Education if they:
- Demonstrate financial need
- Have received a high school diploma or an equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate or completed secondary school in a home-school setting
- Be enrolled as a regular student seeking a degree or certificate in a daytime program that is more than 600 clock hours
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Sign the statement of educational purpose and a certification statement on overpayment and default included in the FAFSA
- Register with the selective service if required
- Make satisfactory progress
- Demonstrate eligibility
Meridian Technology Center does not have any influence on a student’s financial aid eligibility. An individual’s financial aid eligibility calculation considers several components, which includes financial need, the difference between direct educational expenses and family contribution, and earned income from the previous tax year. Family contribution equals parental contribution for dependent students in conjunction with the student’s contribution.
When You Can Expect To Receive Your Financial Aid
Pell Grants are disbursed on the 15th and 30th of the month. Students who are eligible for disbursements three working days prior to the 15th will receive their disbursement on the 15th. Students who are eligible three working days prior to the 30th will receive the disbursement on the 30th.
Disbursements will be paid based on the availability of funds from the U.S. Department of Education. Recipients will receive a memo from the Financial Aid Office when disbursement to the student’s account has occurred.
Funds in excess of tuition and/or books/supplies previously deferred are paid in the form of a check to the eligible recipient. If there are excess funds, the student will be notified that these funds are available. After receiving notification, a recipient should take photo identification with a signature to the Bursar’s window at Meridian to receive the refund check.