In compliance with the city of Stillwater’s face covering ordinance requiring coverings in public spaces and educational institutions, students, staff and visitors will be required to wear face coverings in classrooms, hallways and while on the bus when social distancing is not possible.
Everyone has a role in keeping Meridian a safe place and showing concern for the well-being of their classmates and coworkers. Face covering requirements will be enforced. Face coverings are not only a protection for you, they are also a protection for others near you and prevent you from unknowingly spreading the COVID-19 virus to others.
Meridian is providing 3 washable cloth face coverings for every staff member and student. Fire-resistant material will be used for students in the following programs: Air Conditioning and Refrigeration, Collision Repair Technology, Precision Metal Fabrication and Welding.
Several additional safety precautions are being implemented: hand sanitizing stations throughout campus, social distancing when possible, cleaning supplies provided in each classroom, closed common areas, as well as the continued work of our custodial team in cleaning classrooms and high-traffic, high-touch areas.
- Students and employees showing signs of a 100.4 or greater fever, cough, shortness of breath, or experiencing any cold/flu symptoms should not come to school.
- Anyone on campus should maintain social distancing when possible – at least 6 feet from each other – and exhibit a personal responsibility when utilizing Meridian facilities (bathrooms, common areas, hallways).
- No gathering in common areas (Terrace, Skywalk, etc.).
- Students and staff should wash hands frequently throughout the day.
- Meridian is providing cleaning supplies and hand sanitizer for all buses and classrooms for students who want to personally disinfect any work surfaces beyond what is already done by Meridian’s custodial department.
- Students should reach out to their instructor if they have any ideas, questions or concerns they would like to discuss.
- Practice good hygiene – wash your hands often and always after you cough or sneeze.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands. Wash hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces in your daily life: phone, car, work, school and home.
- Each classroom will be provided a classroom cleaning kit that includes disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer. The wipes have been selected to aid in the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 when used properly. Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol will be provided.
- Breaks will take place in classrooms to reduce student gatherings in common areas.
- Students and staff will be required to complete the following COVID-19 training:
- COVID-19 Workplace guidelines – 10 minutes
- COVID-19 How to wear a mask – 3 minutes
- COVID-19 Proper handwashing – 4 minutes