Exposure to COVID-19 - Meridian Tech


Main Back to School
Health and Safety
Academics and Student Experience
Bus Riders
2020 Student Parking Map
Blended Learning

Q: What should I do if I suspect I may have been exposed to COVID-19? 

Please contact your personal health care provider or local county department of health for guidance on next steps (possible quarantining, testing, returning to campus). Students identified by contact tracing who were exposed to a student who tests positive for COVID-19 would be asked to quarantine at home. Depending on the circumstances, that could lead to a temporary closure of the program. During a temporary program closure students will be assigned to distance learning until they are able to return to campus.

Q: What guidance should I follow if I am awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test or test positive? 

Follow the advice of your health care provider, the health department or the CDC before returning to campus. The health department will work with a person who has tested positive to do contact tracing and notify anyone who might have been in contact with that person. While it is your personal decision whether or not you inform your instructor of your test results, you will need to follow policy by notifying your instructor of your absence. The following resources provide guidance.

CDC Resources

Oklahoma State Department of Health Resources

Q: What will the procedure be for notification if a student or employee tests positive? 

If Meridian is notified of a positive test result (staff, student, guest), we will seek guidance from the appropriate health officials on our next steps. In accordance with HIPAA and FERPA, we will communicate to the best of our ability the information we are able to share. 

Q: If I have been around someone who tests positive for COVID-19 or think I may have COVID-19, who can I contact about being tested?

No-Cost Testing (May require an appointment)
Payne County Health Dept. – Stillwater 405-372-8200
1321 W. 7th Ave., Stillwater

Payne County Health Dept. – Cushing 918-225-3377
1026 Linwood, Cushing

Noble County Health Dept. – Perry 580-336-2257
300 E. Fir St., Perry

Pawnee County Health Dept. – Pawnee 918-762-3643
369 Seventh St., Pawnee

Logan County Health Dept. – Guthrie 405-282-3485
215 Fairgrounds Rd., Guthrie

Call to Confirm Pricing
AMC Urgent Care Plus – Stillwater 405-385-0029
1909 W. 6th Ave., Stillwater

Stillwater Urgent Care 405-743-7323
1815 W 6th Ave., Stillwater

Stillwater Medical Center Urgent Care 405-372-1480
1323 W. Sixth Ave., Stillwater

Stillwater Medical Urgent Care and Occupational Medicine 405-533-8990
518 E Lakeview Rd., Stillwater

Perry Memorial Hospital 580-336-3541
501 North 14th St., Perry