Center for Business Development
1414 South Sangre Road
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74074
Download Campus Map
T: (405) 377-2220
F: (405) 377-3388
Original discussions regarding opening a technology business incubator in Stillwater began in 1995. After benchmarking incubator and incubation models, funding was arranged and building commenced. The Center for Business Development opened its doors with a 15,000-square-foot facility in January 1998. The early years of the Center corresponded to the dot-com bubble of the late 1990s-early 2000s. During this time the focus of the incubator was on technology business development.
By the late 2000s, the facility was full and an expansion of an additional 6,000 square feet of light industrial space was made. There have been three directors of the Center during its life: Kay Wade, Amy Polonchek and Ron Duggins. The Center continues to serve a wide variety of clients, not only technology based, but also innovative companies working in fields such as software, medical support and food production.